Labcon ProtectR® Tubes prevent CO₂ acidification when storing or shipping samples with Dry Ice.
- Samples of proteins, other biological molecules, and cell cultures are commonly shipped and stored on dry ice, putting them at risk of CO2 acidification by up to 2.5 pH units.
- Acidification can affect the integrity and reproducibility of samples, and may result in a loss of protein activity.
- Caps include a elastomeric seal engineered to block CO2 from entering through the tube’s headspace keeps pH stable
- IATA 95kPa certified
- Freezable 121°C to -80°C and autoclavable
- Every lot of centrifuge tubes is lab tested and certified free of detectable ATP, Nuclease (RNase/DNase), Endotoxin (pyrogen) contamination and certified to U.S.P. results.
- Sterile centrifuge tubes are certified sterile with a 10-6 sterility assurance level (SAL) and have packaging approved for medical use.
- All sterile tubes receive a validated dose following ISO 11137 requirement.